Beginning in 2012, the Department has offered awards in honor of Holbert N. Carroll, a former Professor of Political Science at Pitt. These awards will support students undertaking serious programs of study or research abroad.
Any continuing Political Science student planning to study or conduct research abroad may apply. Applications should submit: a resume or curriculum vitae;
- a resume or curriculum vitae;
- an official or unofficial transcript;
- a statement describing the program the student plans to enter or the proposed research, if applicable, and explaining how it will contribute to the student’s intellectual development (three page maximum);
- a simple budget explaining how the award money will be used; and
- the names of two faculty members (at least one in Political Science) who can provide references.
We begin considering applications on January 15; deadline for application is March 1.